The US reacting to the India-China Face Off at Galwan valley said, “We are closely monitoring the situation of LAC.
New Delhi| 20 soldiers were killed in the violent face-off between Indian and Chinese army at Galwan valley on Monday night. While the official statement from defense ministry is awaited, The US has issued a statement on the developments along LAC. The US issued a statement after a meeting held at the White House on Tuesday night. The statement read, “We keep a close watch on the ongoing tension between the two countries. President Trump had a phone conversation with Prime Minister Modi on 2 June. During this time the boundary dispute between India and China was discussed.”
The 20 soldiers killed in the violent face-off also included a commanding officer. While China hasn’t revealed the official casualty count on their side, news agency ANI quoting sources said that 43 Chinese soldiers have either been killed or injured.
White House Meeting
According to media reports, US President Donald Trump held an important meeting at the White House at 11.30 pm Indian time. In this, intelligence agencies presented a report on the India-China dispute. Foreign Minister Mike Pompeo was also involved in the meeting. A statement was issued after the meeting. The US said, “We are closely monitoring the situation of LAC. 20 Indian Army personnel have been killed. America laments this. Our condolences are with the families of the soldiers.”
The statement further said, “Both India and China have spoken of reducing tension. America is entitled to a peaceful solution to this issue. There was a phone conversation between President Trump and Prime Minister Modi on 2 June. During this time the India-China border dispute was also discussed.”
Both forces retreated
According to the news agency, at the Petrol Point 14 in Galwan Valley, there was violent clash between the soldiers of the two countries, there is peace now. The troops of both countries have retreated.
What did the UN say?
A spokesman for the UN Secretary-General also commented on the India-China border dispute. He Said- “We have received information about the incidents happening on LAC. There is an appeal to both countries to show restraint. It is good that both countries are talking about reducing tension.”
In a tragic development the casualties post violent face-off between Indian and Chinese Army jawans have gone up. The army has confirmed that 20 soldiers including a commanding officer were killed. Earlier in the afternoon, the govt had confirmed that three army jawans had lost their lives during violent face-off at Galwan valley.
Meanwhile, ANI quoting sources have reported that 43 Chinese soldiers might have been killed in the violent skirmish.
On the other hand, the Indian Army has said that both Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on the night of 15/16 June 2020. “17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at the stand off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries, taking the total that were killed in action to 20.
Indian Army is firmly committed to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation, ” The Army said in a statement.
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.