As many as 27 people have been named in the FIR, while cases have been lodged against 50 to 60 unidentified people in connection with Bulandshahr violence.
Lucknow| The National Human Rights Commission of India (NHRC) has issued a notice to the Government of Uttar Pradesh over the killing of two people in Bulandshahr violence. A police officer and a local man were killed in the clashes that broke out in the district on Monday.
So far, Four persons were arrested on Tuesday after police lodged an FIR against over two dozen people for rioting and murder in connection with the violence here, officials said. As many as 27 people have been named in the FIR, registered around 3 am, while cases have been lodged against 50 to 60 unidentified people, they said.
Additional Director General (Meerut zone) Prashant Kumar had said the protestors from Mahaw village and nearby areas pelted stones on police and indulged in arson, set ablaze several vehicles and Chingarwathi Police Chowki, after some body-parts of cows were found in a jungle near the village, prompting the police to open fire.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Bulandshahr, Krishna B Singh said police were probing the matter and raids were being conducted to arrest the other accused.
The accused have been booked under the Indian Penal Code sections 147, 148, 149 (related to rioting), 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), 341 (wrongful restraint), 302 (murder), 307 (murder attempt), 436 (mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house), among others.
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.