The fire at the factory in Delhi started after a solvent used for laundering clothes spilt out on the floor accidentally.
Delhi| The fire incident in a central Delhi factory claimed as many as four lives on Monday. The fire gutted a factory in Beadonpura area in Delhi’s Karol Bagh at around at 12.23 pm. The fire started after a solvent used for laundering clothes spilt out on the floor accidentally.
However, the Firefighters confirmed that the four people were killed as a heavy built man amongst them got stuck at the door while trying to escape and thus blocking the route for others as well.
According to the DFS official, the victims were workers in a cloth laundry. He said the victims were about to steam iron clothes when the solvent spilt on the floor and came in contact with the steam iron which triggered the fire. Two fire tenders brought the fire under control by 12.50 pm, the officer said.