Connect with us

National

MP court summons Mark Zuckerberg in harassment case

News Desk

Published

on

BHOPAL: Facebook CEO and Founder Mark Zuckerberg has been summoned by an additional session’s judge (ADJ) of Bhopal district court in Madhya Pradesh. A Bhopal based start-up has alleged Zuckerberg for harassment.

While hearing a civil lawsuit filed by Swapnil Rai who runs a business networking platform called thetradebook.org, ADJ Parth Shankar Mishra issued the order with directions to send the summons by email.

Rai has alleged that Facebook had stopped his paid advertising campaign to promote his ‘thetradebook’ page after running it for three days and then issued a legal notice opposing title of his portal. The campaign was run between August 8 to 14 2016 and the second one was scheduled to be run from April 14 to 21, 2018.

“The second campaign was stopped wrongfully on April 16 for which a payment of Rs 215 was raised by Facebook. In the second ad-campaign there was a promotion of the webpage www.thetradebook.org containing registered trademark ‘tradefeed’,” he added.

“Facebook wants to remove word ‘BOOK’ from my portal and had been sending legal notices to me causing immense mental stress” claimed Mr. Rai.

On April 2016, a  legal notice was issued to Facebook by a Noida based law firm on behalf of Swapnil Rai.

The notice states that “The trademark FACEBOOK of our client is inherently distinctive and has been used in priority by our client in India. The word FACEBOOK does not exist in common parlance in India prior to the adoption thereof by our client. Our client was the first to use and popularise the term ‘BOOK’ in connection with social networking services. By virtue of its extensive, continues and popular use, our client owns exclusive rights to the trademark FACEBOOK. Moreover, on account of the extensive, worldwide and popular use of the trademark FACEBOOK, no unrelated entity has the right to make use of the identical mark for any goods and services”

National

Amarnath Yatra: Security forces asked to maintain synergy

News Desk

Published

on

amarnath yatra

Jammu | Ahead of the annual Amarnath yatra, security forces have been asked to maintain “highest level of alertness” and “synergy,” police said today.

The two-month long pilgrimage to the 3,880 metre high cave shrine of Amarnath will commence on June 28.

All border police stations , posts and check-points have also been directed to be strengthened and activated to neutralize any attempt of infiltration by terrorists from across the International Border (IB) and the Line of Control (LoC), a police spokesman said.

He said the directions were passed at a high level meeting chaired by Inspector General of Police, Jammu, S D Singh Jamwal here last evening and attended among others by senior police, Army, paramilitary forces and state and central intelligence agencies.

The meeting was convened to discuss and review security arrangements for the pilgrimage.

“All officers have been directed to maintain highest level of alertness and synergy among themselves and also to share intelligence on real time basis so that nefarious designs of anti-national elements and their mentors can be thwarted, the spokesman said.

He said a detailed briefing was given by officers of Intelligence agencies and Army and police with regard to security arrangements to ensure smooth and peaceful conduct of the pilgrimage.

Addressing the meeting, the IGP stressed upon the need to organise night patrolling on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway regularly and maintain close cooperation with all forces deployed in their area of jurisdiction.

Singh asked senior superintendents of police to ensure adequate security in their respective districts particularly at base camp Bhagwati Nagar here, the spokesman said.

The Jammu police chief stressed upon officers of border districts to lay joint check points and ensure patrolling on all probable infiltration routes.

He also directed that all border police stations, posts and check-points should be strengthened and activated so as to neutralize any attempt of infiltration by terrorists from across the IB and the LoC.

Continue Reading

National

Subramanian’s resignation no surprise; experts fed up by financial anarchy: Congress

Published

on

By

Subramanian

The Congress today said the resignation of Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramanian has not come as a surprise as all ‘financial experts’ in Modi government are fed up of its ‘colossal economic mismanagement” and are stepping down.

Congress communications in-charge Randeep Surjewala cited examples of ex-Niti Aayog vice chairman Arvind Panagariya and former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan in this regard.

“Financial experts’ of Modi government are completely fed up by its colossal economic mismanagement, tepid economic reforms and financial anarchy,” he said on Twitter.

“CEA, Arvind Subramanian’s resignation after the stepping down of Niti Aayog’s Arvind Panagriya and RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan comes as no surprise!” he said.

Subramanian will be leaving the finance ministry after nearly 4 years because of “pressing family commitments” and return to the US,” Union minister Arun Jaitley said today.

He was appointed as the CEA to the finance ministry on October 16, 2014, for a period of three years. In 2017, his term was extended by a year.

“A few days ago Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian met me over video conferencing. He informed me that he would like to go back to the United States on account of pressing family commitments. His reasons were personal but extremely important to him. He left me with no option but to agree with him,” Jaitley wrote in a Facebook post.

The minister, however, did not say as to when Subramanian will relinquish the office.

“Profoundly grateful & humbled by these extraordinarily generous words by Minister @arunjaitley announcing my decision to return for personal reasons-to researching & writing. CEA job most rewarding, fulfilling, exciting I have ever had. Many many to thank,” Subramanian tweeted minutes after Jaitley’s post.

Continue Reading

National

Saradha scam: Nalini Chidambaram fails to appear before Enforcement Directorate

News Desk

Published

on

Nalini Chidambaram

Chennai | Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s wife Nalini Chidambaram on Wednesday failed to appear before the Enforcement Directorate after she was summoned for questioning in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam in West Bengal.

Nalini Chidambaram was given interim relief by the Madras High Court bench of justices Anand Venkatesh and MM Sundresh after it reserved its order. Nalini Chidambaram had earlier challenged the April 24 order of the court which had rejected her petition against ED’s summon asking her to appear personally as a witness in its money laundering probe in the Saradha chit fund case.

The Enforcement Directorate had first summoned Chidambaram in September 2016 as a witness in the Saradha chit fund scam case. KTS Tulsi who appeared for Nalini Chidambaram accused the ED of “political vendetta”, Tulsi argued that no other advocate appearing for Saradha group had been summoned by the central agency so far.

Continue Reading

HW News Live TV

Headline

One Min News

Popular Stories