Several school closed, houses damaged as Pak again shells Rajouri-Poonch

Jammu, Feb 27: Several examination centers were today shifted to other places with the closure of schools as the Pakistani army once again violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) during wee hours in several sectors of Rajouri and Poonch districts of Jammu in which three soldiers were injured while several houses also got damaged.

The firing was started by the Pakistani army at about 8:30 am in Tarkundi Gali, Lambi Bari, Khorinar, Dhar and PanjgrIn area of Manjakote in Rajouri. The Pak army targeted the civilian areas with the mortar shells causing damage to several houses in the area besides the loss of livestock.

Similarly, the Pak army also resorted to unprovoked firing in the Mendhar and Balakote sectors of district Poonch at about 8:45 am targeting the forward Indian army posts and civilian hamlets.

The continuous shelling from across the border forced district administration Rajouri to cancel the examination centres located near the LoC and to close all the schools situated within the 2 Km distance from the fence.

The firing in both the districts was retailed strongly and effectively with the same calibre by soldiers of Border Security Force (BSF) and Indian Army but during the crossfire, three soldiers including two from BSF sustained splinter injuries who were immediately evacuated and shifted to hospital for treatment where they are stated to be stable.

The injured BSF soldiers were identified as Dhana Shekhar (37) and Balvinder Singh (23) both of 163 BSF Bn. The identity of injured army soldier could not be ascertained till the filing of this report.

As the Pakistani army was targeting the civilian areas with heavy mortar shells about five residential houses suffered major damage in the Panjgrain village of Rajouri while one shell fired by the Pak army directly hit the cattle shed of one Mohammad Faiz son of Farman Ali residence of Neakka Panjgrain killing several cattleā€™s on the spot.

The heavy mortar shelling remained on for about two hours i.e. 10:30 m but the intermittent fire was still on when the last reports came in.

Dear Readers,
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.

Related posts