Terror outfit threatens ‘non-local’ who lodged complaint against students celebrating Pakistan’s victory

Srinagar: In a development to the incident where two separate cases have been filed against medical students who celebrated Pakistan’s victory in the India Vs Pakistan T20 World cup match, a terror outfit United Liberation Front (ULF) has threatened those who lodged a complaint against medical students.

The ULF said they were aware of who filed the police complaint and told them to apologise within 48 hours or face consequences, “We are having full input on who is behind these FIRs. The non-local employees and students are warned not to indulge in such activities,” the militant group said in a statement.

The ULF had claimed responsibility for the attack on migrant workers in south Kashmir’s Anantnag earlier this month. Videos of celebrations at many places in the Valley went viral on social media after Pakistan secured a 10-wicket win over India in the match. Fire crackers were also burst.

According to Kashmir Dot Com, a Srinagar-based news agency, The Jammu and Kashmir police have registered two separate cases under the provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act against students of medical colleges who celebrated Pakistan cricket team’s victory over India in the T20 World Cup match.

India had lost to Pakistan by 10 wickets. Under the anti-terror law, Hostel wardens and management of the Government Medical College in Karan Nagar and the Sher E Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences in Soura of Srinagar district have also been booked, according to media reports.

According to ANI, first information report (FIR) against the medical students by Kashmir Inspector General of Police Vijay Kumar has been filed. The FIR also includes charges under Section 505 (statements conducing to public mischief) of the Indian Penal Code.

The police filed the case against the students at the Government Medical College hostel “who were crying and dancing” after Pakistan won the match, according to Kashmir Dot Com. Unidentified officials said that the accused persons have not yet been identified and the police were conducting an investigation.

The police officials are looking into purported videos of the incident. However, many videos which have surfaced are from 2017, according to the police.

Dear Readers,
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.

Related posts