Terrorists caught with J&K cop were planning attack at Delhi, Chandigarh and Jammu

On Sunday Davinder Singh, posted with the strategic anti-hijacking team at Srinagar airport, was arrested along with two terrorists

New Delhi: The two terrorists get arrested with Jammu and Kashmir Police officer Davinder Singh who had planned to carry out terror attacks in New Delhi, Chandigarh, and Jammu, police officials said. The terrorists were planning to target New Delhi, Chandigarh and Jammu to respond to the abrogation of Article 370 and surgical strikes by the Indian Air Force, police sources said.

On Sunday Davinder Singh, posted with the strategic anti-hijacking team at Srinagar airport, was arrested along with two terrorists. The senior Jammu and Kashmir Police officer, has now been suspended, was allegedly taking a lawyer and two terrorists out of Kashmir for a practicable terror strike.

The two Hizb terrorists were associated as Naveed Baba, and Altaf besides an unidentified lawyer who was working as overground worker for terror outfits.

Davinder Singh had sheltered three terrorists at his home here right next to the Army’s XV Corps headquarters at Badami Bagh cantonment, which was to make arrangements for terrorists’ to stay in Chandigarh and New Delhi.

Sources privy to the ongoing investigation have said more terrorists were to join the group. They added that the Davinder Singh was using multiple mobile phones and different numbers to communicate with terrorists.

Davinder Singh was decorated with President Police Medal about four months ago, continues to be discussed by a team of police and intelligence investigators. Singh’s office at Srinagar airport, where he was posted as deputy superintendent of police in the anti-hijacking team, was sealed.

Putting together with the chain of events, the officials said the two terrorists, Naveed Baba and Altaf, were taken to the officer’s home on Friday by a lawyer Irfan, who the police said was an overground worker for terror groups.

On Saturday, Singh reported remained absent from duty the day he was apprehended by a team of policemen along with the other three at Mir Bazar on the national highway. The DYSP had applied for leave from Sunday till Thursday, they said.

The cops had carried out searches at his home here and seized two pistols and an AK rifle beside a huge quantity of ammunition.

Singh’s name had been cleared for promotion as superintendent of police, is now likely to lose the gallantry medal that was awarded to him in 2019, the officials said.

The DYSP is considered to have been suspended after having completed 48 hours in police custody, they said quoting service rules.

Dear Readers,
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.

Related posts