The UP’s History Sheeter Gangster Vikas Dubey’s Encounter Timeline

The week-long saga which began after the killing of eight policemen in Bikru village near Kanpur came to an end with Dubey’s encounter


UTTAR PRADESH| Vikas Dubey, the history-sheeter, gangster-turned-politician, based in Kanpur Dehat in Uttar Pradesh has shot dead in an encounter on Friday morning. Dubey had over 60 criminal cases against him of kidnapping and killing.

The week-long saga which began after the killing of eight policemen in Bikru village near Kanpur came to an end with Dubey’s encounter. Dubey’s men had killed these policemen on the intervening night of July 2 and 3 when they went to arrest the gangster in connection with an attempt to murder case.

The police seeking for Dubey began when a complaint was filed by a resident of Bikru village, who claimed that Dubey tried to kidnap and eliminate him. Reports state that Rahul Tiwari first went to Dubey’s house with a policeman SHO of Chaubeypur police station Vinay Tiwari but they were both beaten up and threatened by the gangster.

The SHO did not inform about the incident. It later emerged that the cop was regularly in touch with Dubey and provided him will all the updates about police action being planned against him. Deputy Superintendent of Police Devendra Mishra who was killed in the July 3 encounter had even prepared a report against the SHO and sent to his senior in March complaining of him being hand in glove with Dubey but no action was taken then. After the entire conspiracy came in light the SHO was finally suspended and a sub-inspector KK Sharma was arrested for allegedly being part of the entire conspiracy.

Meanwhile, Mishra prepared a team of 20 officials and planned raid against Vikas Dubey. The following points describe the week-long chasing of the gangster in the state.

3rd July: The police team had gone to conduct a raid in search of Vikas Dubey. The raid was planned in Bikru Village which lies under the jurisdiction of Kanpur Dehat’s Shivli Police Station. Dubey was present with his aide’s there. As the police team was about to reach the hideout a hail of bullets was showered on them from a building rooftop, leaving Deputy SP Devendra Mishra, three sub-inspectors and four constables dead. Police said the notorious criminal might have got an inkling of the impending raid.

4th July: On the next day, Kanpur district administration demolished the house belongs to Vikas Dubey using bulldozers. The Uttar Pradesh police were present during the demolition of the house. It’s been 36 hours after the bloodbath in Bikru village Vikas Dubey was still missing. Police officials informed that the surveillance team was scanning over 500 mobile phones. The special task force has also been roped in by the UP Police.

5th July: Daya Shankar Agnihotri, one of the accused in the killings and close aide of Dubey, was arrested after a gunfight in Kalyanpur area near Kanpur city. Agnihotri told police Vikas Dubey got a call from the Chaubeypur police station informing him that a team from three police stations led by Devendra Mishra, the circle officer of Bilhaur who was among eight killed in the incident, will come to his village past midnight. Agnihotri also said that at least 25 people were present with Dubey when the police team approached his house in Kanpur Dehat’s Bikri Village. Agnihotri was later shot to death in a police encounter.

8th July: The another aide of Dubey, Amar Dubey Deemed to be the right hand of gangster Vikas Dubey, was killed in a police encounter near UP’s Hamirpur. The Special Task Force was constituted by UP administration to catch Vikas Dubey. Amar Dubey was a relative of Vikas Dubey, the mastermind gangster of Bikru village Shootout. As per those close to Vikas Dubey, both Vikas and Amar trusted each other blindly. Amar was an expert in shooting, Amar was trying to escape to Madhya Pradesh when he was intercepted by UP STF.

On the same day following the reports, Vikas Dubey was spotted at a hotel in Haryana’s Faridabad. Dubey was trying to get a hotel room but due to lack of documents he could not. By the time, police came to know about his presence, he had escaped the site.

9th July: Finally, a week after the Bikru village shootout, Vikas Dubey who also escaped the clenches of police twice, was nabbed in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain. Dubey was caught by police in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain near Mahakal Temple premises. Surprisingly, he was all by himself when he reached the temple.

Vikas Dubey arrest rose speculation all across the nation. Many politicians jump into it questioning was it an arrest or surrender? According to Brajesh Mishra of Bharat Samachar, Vikas Dubey told the security personnel present in the temple premises, “I am Vikas Dubey. Can you inform Ujjain police that I have come to surrender myself?” After which, MP Police came and arrested Dubey from the temple premises.

10th July: The notorious gangster Vikas Dubey has been killed in an encounter. As per the reports, on Thursday evening Dubey was handed over to UP STF by MP Police. The police team was on its way to Kanpur when the car carrying Vikas Dubey overturned. After which Dubey snatched a gun from police and tried to flee. The police apparently asked him to surrender but he refused. Dubey shot at the police. Police fired shots in retaliation in which Dubey was injured. Immediately he was taken to Kanpur’s Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.



Dear Readers,
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.

Related posts