Piyush Goyal told the media on Tuesday that the comments were not made by any government functionary and have no impact on the government.
Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal has said that the BJP has taken necessary action against a party functionary over controversial remarks concerning Prophet Mohammad with the MEA also coming out with necessary clarification and noted that India will continue to have good ties with Gulf countries.
“All Indians living in Gulf countries are safe and there is no tension anywhere,” he added.
Referring to the remarks of Nupur Sharma, who was suspended by the BJP as a spokesperson for her controversial comments, the minister told the media on Tuesday that the comments were not made by any government functionary and have no impact on the government.
“All Indians living in gulf countries are safe and they do not have to worry. There is no tension anywhere… I don’t think this was a statement made by any government functionary. Therefore, it has no impact on the government,” he said in response to queries.
Post the controversy the Bhartiya Janta Party set out rules for spokespersons participating in TV debates.
- Only authorized spokespersons and panelists will participate in TV debates, and they will be assigned by the media cell.
- The spokespersons have been warned against criticizing any religion, its symbols, or religious figures.
- BJP panelists have been Prohibited from crossing the line during heated discussions.
- No provocation can violate the party’s ideology or ideals.
- The First check for the topic of the TV discussion, prepare for it and find out the party’s line on it before appearing on any channel.
- Spokespersons and panelists of the party should stay on the agenda. They should not fall into any trap
- The BJP also wants its spokespersons to focus on the government’s social welfare work, sources said.