New Delhi | Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said that the Narendra Modi led Union government has accepted its defeat on the Indo France Rafale deal in the Supreme Court.
Referring to the affidavit filed by the Central government in Supreme Court on the Rafale deal, Gandhi tweeted that the government in the affidavit has accepted that without informing the Indian Air Force the government changed the contract and put 30,000 crores in the pockets of Anil Ambani.
सुप्रीम कोर्ट में मोदीजी ने मानी अपनी चोरी।
हलफ़नामे में माना कि उन्होंने बिना वायुसेना से पूछे कांट्रैक्ट बदला और 30,000 करोड़ रूपया अंबानी की जेब में डाला।
पिक्चर अभी बाकी है मेरे दोस्त…https://t.co/flCgrrlUjw
— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) November 13, 2018
Earlier on Monday the Central government acting on Supreme Court’s order submitted an affidavit in connection with the Rafale deal, citing that defence procurement norms were followed in acquiring 36 Rafale aircraft. The Union government has assured the top court that “all requisite steps were taken in the Rafale deal”. In the nine-page affidavit, the Centre said, “The procurement process as laid down in the Defence Procurement Procedure-2013 was followed in the procurement of 36 Rafale aircraft”. The documents said the Indian Negotiating Team was constituted which conducted negotiations with the French side for about an year and approval of the Cabinet Committee on Security, being the Competent Financial Authority, was taken before signing the Inter-Government Agreement. The document was also supplied to the petitioners as per the apex court’s October 31 order.