Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan stated that he feels sorry for the ones who trust a documentary over the Judiciary verdicts
Kochi: The BBC Documentary on Gujarat Riots is currently a hot topic in the political world. Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan questioned the makers why they did not make a series on British atrocities. He said India is doing well and the foreign documentary makers were “feeling disappointed.”
“India is doing so well across the world so these people are feeling disappointed. Why didn’t they make a documentary on British atrocities? I feel sorry for some of our own people because they trust a documentary over the verdicts by the judiciary,” said Kerala Governor.
Arif Mohammad Khan stated that he feels sorry for the ones who trust a documentary over the Judiciary verdicts.
Earlier this month Kerala Governor questioned the release of the BBC series on Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a time when India has assumed the G20 presidency.
Addressing the reporters at Thiruvananthapuram, Governor said, “This is the time when India has assumed the G20 presidency. Why this particular time has been chosen to bring out this documentary? Particularly coming from a source who predicted at the time of our freedom that India is not capable of preserving its freedom, its democracy, and India will be broken into pieces.”
The Ministry of External Affairs trashed the BBC Documentary. MEA stated that the documentary was a “propaganda piece” that lacked objectivity and reflected a “colonial mindset.”
The two-part BBC documentary, claims it investigated certain aspects relating to the 2002 Gujarat riots when Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the chief minister of that state.
Also Read: MP Mahua Moitra Shares Link To Modi’s BBC Documentary Amid Centre’s Ban
Trinamool Congress MP Mahua Moitra on Sunday shared the link to a documentary on the 2002 Gujarat riots and Prime Minister Narendra Modi produced by the BBC, amid the ban imposed by the government.
MP Mahua Moitra shared the link to the BBC documentary of PM Narendra Modi. Her post came a day after the central government had reportedly had asked Twitter and YouTube to take down links to the first episode of the multi-part documentary titled “India: The Modi Question”.
Further more, MP Moitra tweeted; “Govt on war footing to ensure noone in India can watch a mere BBC show. Shame that the emperor & courtiers of the world’s largest democracy are so insecure (sic).”
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.