Nairobi | Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta has said on Wednesday that all Islamists who had stormed an upmarket hotel complex had been “eliminated” after an almost 20-hour siege that left 14 dead.
“I can now confirm that… the security operation at Dusit is over and all terrorists have been eliminated,” Kenyatta said in a televised address to the nation.
He said 14 people had been killed and 700 civilians rescued from the building, but did not clarify if people were still hiding in the complex.
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.