Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal Visits Mundka Fire Site, Announces Rs 10 Lakh For The Deceased Family

Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal Visits Mundka Fire Site, Announces Rs 10 Lakh For The Deceased Family

New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal, the Chief Minister of Delhi, visited Mundka on Saturday (May 14, 2022), where a four-story building was demolished by a big fire on Friday, killing at least 27 people. He said that the Delhi government has launched a magisterial investigation into the occurrence and that the families of the victims will be compensated with Rs 10 lakh.

The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief provided Rs 50,000 as compensation for the 12 people who were injured.

He said it was a massive blaze and the bodies were charred to such an extent that it has become difficult to identify them.

When the fire broke out at the Mundka metro station on Friday evening, more than 75 people were inside. The fire started in a first-floor office and quickly spread, according to authorities.

The four-story structure was discovered to be used for offering office space to businesses during the initial investigation. Two of the company's owners have been arrested so far as part of an investigation into possible safety violations.

Cranes were used by the Delhi Fire Service to rescue persons trapped in the blaze. However, when the fire spread throughout the structure, some people leaped out the windows to escape the flames, while others used ropes to descend.

According to Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer) Sameer Sharma, the fire started on the first level of the building, which houses the office of a CCTV camera and router manufacturing company.

Harish and Varun Goel, the company's proprietors, have been arrested, according to authorities. Manish Lakra, the owner of the building that did not have fire department safety clearance, has been identified and is on the run, according to police.

The fire started on the second level, where a motivational speech event was taking place. This event drew a large number of attendees. According to the early investigation, the majority of the deaths occurred on this floor.

Information about the incident was received about 4.40 p.m., according to fire department authorities, and 24 fire tenders were dispatched to the scene.

Next Story
Share it
To Top