Thackeray slamming Fadnavis said, “The opposition can even bring Interpol or followers of the Namaste Trump event into the inquiry.”
Mumbai| Mumbai Police is capable of investigating the case and it need not be transferred, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said in an interview when asked about Sushant Singh Rajput Death case. Thackeray said that transferring the case from them will be disrespectful to the police which has been working as COVID warriors in times of pandemic. He also slammed those who are trying to turn the issue into Maharashtra Versus Bihar.
Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput died by suicide at his Bandra apartment in Mumbai in June. Since then his fans are demanding that the reason for his suicide should be investigated thoroughly. Many have also expressed their displeasure with the Mumbai Police’s handling of the case and have demanded a CBI inquiry into the matter.
माझा महाराष्ट्र, माझं व्हिजन! मुख्यमंत्री उद्धव बाळासाहेब ठाकरे- LIVE https://t.co/Zv5BSnD6rW
— Office of Uddhav Thackeray (@OfficeofUT) July 31, 2020
When asked about the case during an interview to a Marathi news channel, Uddhav Thackeray said, “Mumbai police have been “Corona Warriors” and many personnel in the force have died due to the infection. To question their efficiency is an insult to them and I condemn this.” He also said that if anyone has any evidence, they should bring it to the police.
“Bring Interpol or Followers of Namaste Trump…”
Thackeray also expressed his displeasure with former CM and leader of opposition Devendra Fadnavis’ statement in the matter. He said that Fadnavis should not forget that this was the same police who worked with him in the last five years during his term as Chief Minister.
Thackeray said, “The opposition can even bring Interpol or followers of the Namaste Trump event into the inquiry. Devendra Fadnavis should understand that it is the same police whom he has worked with in the last five years.”
Maharashtra Govt Denying CBI inquiry says Fadnavis:
Earlier, Fadnavis had said that there was a “huge public sentiment” for handing over the investigation of the case to the CBI but the Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government of the state was not doing so. He said, “People have a lot of feelings in Sushant Singh Rajput case. They feel that something is being hidden, there are new revelations. Therefore, people are demanding a CBI inquiry into it. but the state government is denying it.”
Sushant’s family, fans and several senior BJP leaders are demanding that the CBI should investigate the case. A PIL was also filed in the Supreme Court regarding this, which was rejected by the court. The court said that the Mumbai Police should be allowed to investigate.
Bihar Police search for Rhea in Mumbai
Meanwhile, Bihar Police team has arrived in Mumbai to investigate the case after Sushant’s father KK Singh lodged an FIR against actress Rhea Chakraborty-rumoured to be Sushant’s Girlfriend- in Patna, Bihar. He had made many serious allegations against the actress, including abetting Sushant to suicide, transferring huge sum of money from his account etc. The ED has also lodged a money laundering case against Rhea and her brother in the alleged 15 crores money transfer matter.
“Satyamev Jayate”: Rhea says in viral video
On Friday evening, Rhea released a video claiming innocence. In the video, she said that horrible things are being said about her in the electronics media. She added that she has faith in our judiciary and is not speaking about the allegations on consultation with her lawyer. She ended her video saying “Satyamev Jayate, the truth shall prevail.” At present Rhea is incommunicado.