UP Horror: 50-Year-Old Woman Gang-Raped, Ribs & Leg Broken, Rod Inserted in Pvt Parts, Dies: Report

TRIGGER WARNING: The woman had received fatal injuries in her private parts, with rib and leg were broken while the lungs were attacked with a heavy object.

Reviving the horrible memories of ‘Nirbhaya’ gang rape in Delhi that rocked the country, a similar incident has been reported from Badaun district of Uttar Pradesh where a middle-aged woman was gang-raped and then killed, News18 reported. The woman was gang-raped and murdered allegedly by three men including a priest and his two disciples on Sunday night.

Reportedly, this incident took place in the Ughaiti police station area in Badaun district, where a woman from the village went to a temple on Sunday evening but never returned. Police said two men have been arrested and a case has been registered against them.

On Monday morning, images taken from the woman’s village home show her body laid out on a cot, surrounded by family members and other villagers. A yellow sheet covering her lower body appears to be soaked in blood and one of her legs appears broken and bent at the foot, according to NDTV report.

In an interview with the local media on Monday afternoon, the woman’s son said: “They brought her on their own in a vehicle. She was dead when they left her here. The priest and others dropped her at the door and left quickly.” He also added that she used to go to the place of worship regularly. “On Sunday, she had left home around 5 pm and the men brought her back around 11:30 pm,” he is heard saying in the interview.

A case of gangrape and murder has been filed and two arrests have been made, Badaun police informed in a tweet. Budaun police chief Sankalp Sharma also confirmed two arrests. He also added that disciplinary action was being taken against local policemen for negligence.

The police station officer of Ughaiti, Ravendra Pratap Singh, did not reach the spot even after the complaint, family members of the victim had alleged. 18 hours after the incident, the body was sent for a post-mortem on Monday afternoon.

“The preliminary inquiry has found that the local police station in-charge was negligent in handling the case. I have ordered his suspension,” Sankalp Sharma said.

The woman had received fatal injuries in her private parts. The woman’s rib and leg were broken while the lungs were attacked with a heavy object, according to the report of the post mortem conducted on Tuesday.

The police have registered a case of murder and gang rape and have also formed four teams to catch the remaining two perpetrators who have absconded, reported News18.




Related posts