HW English
National

Modi government can soon bring ordinance or bill for faculty reservation: Prakash Javadekar

Prakash Javadekar

Javadekar said that the government is in favour of reservation and has decided an Ordinance or Bill will be brought if the review petition is rejected.

 

New Delhi| The central government has decided to stop the recruitment process in the universities on the basis of faculty reservation. Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar told the Rajya Sabha on Friday that the government will file a review petition in this case in the Supreme Court. However, if the decision of faculty reservation is not taken back, then the government may also bring the ordinance or the bill.

Javadekar, on Friday, clarified the position of the government in view of the deadlock over the last three days due to the disruption of SP, BSP and other opposition parties on this issue in the Rajya Sabha.

He said that the recruitment roster system in recruitments in higher educational institutions is likely to affect the scheduled caste (SC), scheduled tribe (ST) and backward classes. After studying the data of thirty universities, the central government found that there is a huge loss to these classes.

In the Rajya Sabha, the government has given this explanation for the last several days after all opposition parties including SP, BSP  criticised the government on 10% reservation to Poor upper Castes. Javadekar said that the government is fully committed to protecting the interests of reserved categories. He said that the government has decided that if the review petition is rejected then the Ordinance or Bill will be brought.

In this case, against Allahabad High Court’s decision in the matter, the Central Government had filed a special permission petition (SPL) last week, which the Supreme Court had dismissed. Since then, confusion has persisted. Many universities have also started the process of implementing the faculty reservation. But now they have to stop it.

Javadekar also said in his statement that the government is always in favour of social justice. That’s why we have decided that recruitments will not be done now and the government will again go to court. He also dismissed the allegation of the opposition that the government adopted a lethal approach on this matter in the court. They also kept the documents related to it on the house table.

Related posts

No intent to impose blanket ban on messaging apps: Telecom Secretary

PTI

New cabinet of Boris Johnson includes Infosys founder Murthy’s son-in-law

News Desk

Home Minister Amit Shah to conduct aerial survey for flood situation in Karnataka

News Desk