Opposition parties have demanded a serious discussion in Parliament on several issues like farm laws, economy, jobs, price rise, inflation and national security (Pegasus).
In an interview with India Today, Trinamool Congress MP Derek O’Brien stated that he will ‘shave his head’ if Union Home Minister Amit Shah comes to Parliament on Wednesday and makes a statement on the Delhi rape case. Brien further accused the Home Minister of running away from Pegasus.
Brien made it clear that 15-16 Opposition parties want a discussion in Parliament on several issues, they want to discuss and repeal farm laws, economy, jobs, price rise and inflation; and national security (Pegasus).
The TMC MP also said that, “I want all the young people of India to know. Modi masterstroke: 12 bills have been passed averaging seven minutes per bill. This Gujarat model means they’re making papri chaat in Delhi. This is serious legislation.”
The discussion in the Parliament has begun this morning and here are some updates:
- 7:45 AM: The Opposition has accused the NDA government of “bulldozing” Bills by denying them their legitimate right of discussion.
- 7:50 AM: Bills that have been passed without much discussion in Parliament are- Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Amendment Bill, 2021, Factoring Amendment Bill, 2021, The General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Amendment Bill, 2021, Tribunal Reforms Bill, 2021.
- 8:40 AM: Congress issues notice on snooping Pegasus.Xdsvdxfv
- 10:40 AM: Opposition leaders continue to protest on farm laws, demands justice for farmers.
- 11:00 AM: Lok Sabha session begins amid opposition’s sloganeering.