HW Shorts APP National News Report Politics

Highest Voter Turnout In Andhra Pradesh Lowest In Telangana

The fourth phase of Lok Sabha elections concluded on May 13, and all five South Indian states have now cast their ballots. According to South First Reports, among all the south Indian states, Andhra Pradesh had the highest voter turnout, at 80.66 percent, while Telangana had the lowest, at 66.3 percent. Karnataka recorded a 70.64 percent turnout, Kerala 71.27 percent, and Tamil Nadu 69.72 percent.

According to the Election Commission, voter turnout across the four phases was as follows:
  • Phase I at 66.14 percent
  • Phase II at 66.71 percent
  • Phase III at 65.68 percent
  • Phase IV at 69.16 percent
Andhra Pradesh

In Andhra Pradesh, the Assembly elections were held simultaneously with the Lok Sabha polls, both recording a voter turnout of 80.66 percent. Including 1.2 percent votes through postal ballots, the total voting percentage reached 81.86 percent. This marks an increase from the 79.83 percent turnout in the 2019 elections.

The Ongole Parliamentary constituency saw the highest turnout at 87.06 percent, while Visakhapatnam had the lowest at 71.11 percent. A total of 16,430,359 male voters, 16,908,684 female voters, and 1,517 voters from the other category cast their votes in the Lok Sabha polls.

The numbers for the Assembly elections were similar, with 16,430,143 male voters, 16,908,678 female voters, and 1,512 voters from the other category. The Darsi Assembly constituency recorded the highest turnout, at 90.91 percent, whereas the Tirupati Assembly constituency had the lowest, at 63.32 percent.


In Karnataka, the Lok Sabha elections were conducted in two phases: on April 26 for 14 constituencies, and on May 13 for the remaining 14. Out of the total 5,47,25,675 electors, 3,86,57,725 voters cast their ballots, resulting in a turnout of 70.64 percent.
Among the voters, 1,94,64,075 were male, 1,91,92,574 were female, and 1,076 were from the other category. This represents a 2.01 percent increase from the 68.64 percent turnout in the 2019 elections. The highest turnout was recorded in the Mandya constituency at 81.67 percent, while the lowest was in Bangalore South at 53.17 percent.


Kerala went to the polls for the Lok Sabha elections on April 26, recording a voter turnout of 71.27 percent. Out of 2,77,49,158 registered electors, 1,97,77,478 cast their votes.
Among these voters, 94,75,090 were male, 1,03,02,238 were female, and 150 belonged to the other category. This marks a significant decrease of around 6.4 percent compared to the 77.67 percent turnout in the 2019 elections

Tamil Nadu

In Tamil Nadu, the Lok Sabha elections were held on April 19. Turnout was 69.72 percent, down from 72.02 percent in the previous general elections. Of the total 6,23,33,925 electors, 4,34,58,875 voted.
This included 2,21,58,256 out of 3,17,19,665 female electors and 2,12,97,903 out of 3,06,05,793 male electors. In the ‘others’ category, 2,716 out of 8,467 electors cast their votes. The Dharmapuri constituency recorded the highest turnout at 81.20 percent, while Chennai Central saw the lowest at 53.96 percent.


In Telangana, 2,20,24,806 votes out of 3,32,16,348 electors cast their votes, recording a 66.3 percent turnout.
The highest turnout was recorded in the Bhongir constituency at 76.78 percent and the lowest was at 48.48 percent in the Hyderabad constituency.
The polling was slightly higher compared to the 62.71 percent turnout in the 2019 elections

Dear Readers,
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.

Related posts