Mumbai | Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) leader Prasad Lad on Wednesday sent a legal notice to Mumbai Congress president Sanjay Nirupam and former Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan over allegation of land scam against the BJP legislator.
The notice demands withdrawal of the statements by the Congress leaders made during a press conference earlier this week. The notice further said that if the statements are not withdrawn within three days of recovering the notice, Criminal and Civil Definition process will be initiated against them by the BJP legislator.
Earlier this week, the Congress alleged that government land in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai worth Rs 1,767 crore was given to a private builder for just Rs 3.60 crore. “Land of an estimated value of Rs 1,767 crore has been sold for a mere Rs 3.60 crore to a private developer (Paradise Builders) by duping gullible Koyna Dam project-affected families. CIDCO and the Urban Development Ministry turned a blind eye to this development and allowed the huge loss to the public exchequer,” Sanjay Nirupam had said on Monday.
Sanjay Nirupam in the press conference had claimed that the builder “is a business partner of BJP MLC Prasad Lad,” who has played a crucial role in this allotment.
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.