Connect with us

Politics

‘Intezaar kyon? Lijiye block kar diya’: Sushma Swaraj shut trolls like a boss

Published

on

Swaraj

The Congress has been attacking the BJP for not coming out in support of the External Affairs Minister.  Yesterday, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said the trolling of Swaraj was wrong

 

New Delhi, Jul 3 (PTI) External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj continues to take on the vicious trolls targeting her over the issuance of passport to an interfaith couple. Swaraj, who has been virtually waging a lone battle against trolling, today instantly blocked a Twitter user who criticised her, unlike she did in the past few days — liking the abusive posts.

“Intezaar Kyon? Lijiye block kr diya (Why wait? Here you go, I have blocked you,” Swaraj tweeted after the troll asked the External Affairs Minister to block her. Swaraj had been liking posts of trolls who have been targeting her on the passport controversy, as part of her unique protests.

She had also conducted a poll on Twitter on Sunday asking users whether they “approve” of such trolling to which 57 per cent respondents said they oppose it while 43 per cent supported the trolls. Swaraj has been targeted by the trolls following a transfer of Passport Seva Kendra official in Lucknow Vikas Mishra for allegedly humiliating the interfaith couple. Mishra was transferred from Lucknow to Gorakhpur after the couple alleged that he humiliated them when they went to the office with their passport applications.

The Congress has been attacking the BJP for not coming out in support of the External Affairs Minister.  Yesterday, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said the trolling of Swaraj was wrong, becoming first BJP leader and Union Minister to comment on the issue.

Today, Union minister Nitin Gadkari too came out in support of Swaraj. “It is very unfortunate the way Sushma Swarajji was trolled and the kind of propaganda being spread against her. I had a discussion with her, but when the decision (to issue the passports) was taken, she was not in the country,” he said.

When the controversy had broken, Swaraj was on an official visit to France, Belgium and Luxembourg. “I was out of India from 17th to 23rd June 2018. I do not know what happened in my absence. However, I am honoured with some tweets. I am sharing them with you. So I have liked them,” she had tweeted on June 24.
On Sunday, after the twitter poll, she had posted, “In a democracy, a difference of opinion is but natural. Pls do criticise but not in foul language. Criticism indecent language is always more effective.”

Politics

Rahul Gandhi questions governments silence over disclosing price of Rafale deal

News Desk

Published

on

Rahul Gandhi

Amethi | Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday during his ongoing visit to his parliamentary constituency raised questions over the silence of the Union government in disclosing the price of Rafale fighter plane.

Addressing the media during his visit Gandhi said,”We have asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister what is the price of the aircraft. Defence Minister says that she will not let the youth of Hindustan know the price. Defence Minister told us that there is a secret pact between India and France (not to disclose the price).”

Gandhi further alleged that he raised the issue during the visit of French President Emmanuel Macron and asked him whether there was a secrecy pact between the two governments not to disclose the details. He said, “Again they (Indian government) tell us that we cannot reveal the price of the Rafale aircraft but Macron told me there is nothing as such. If the Indian government wants to reveal the price of the Rafale aircraft they can.”

Rasing irregularities in the deal, Gandhi said, “First, the question is why did Defence Minister lie? Then suddenly you get the price of the aircraft Rs. 526 crore versus Rs. 1600 crore. Even other countries have also bought the Rafale aircraft but not for Rs. 1600 crore.”

Attacking PM Modi over his relation with cooperates firm, Gandhi said, “He (Modi) always says that he wants to be the chowkidar (watchman) of the nation, not the prime minister. But he has given the money belonging to the people of the country to a private firm.”

 

Continue Reading

Politics

BJP to field son-of-the-soil to beat Asaduddin Owaisi in Lok Sabha poll

Published

on

By

Asaduddin Owaisi

Hyderabad | The BJP would come out with a game-plan to defeat the three-time Hyderabad Lok Sabha member and AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi and field “a son-of-the-soil” against him in next year’s election, says a party leader.

Owaisi in his response said he is ready to face any candidate of the saffron party. The AIMIM leader had dared BJP President Amit Shah to contest the Hyderabad Lok Sabha seat after he attacked his party during a recent visit to poll-bound Telangana.

“These (Owaisi’s challenge to Shah) are silly attempts to grab political headlines and attention. And we don’t need to field our national President to defeat Owaisi”, BJP spokesperson G V L Narasimha Rao told PTI. “We will field a son-of-the-soil from Telangana who will this time end Owisi’s continued run as Member of Parliament. This time, we will really trounce him in Lok Sabha polls”, Rao asserted.

The BJP, he said, would certainly come out with a game-plan to defeat Owaisi, who has been representing the Hyderabad Lok Sabha seat since 2004, and would field a local leader against him in the Parliamentary elections next year.

Owaisi said BJP might be having “all these game plans but the people of Hyderabad and people of India in particular are asking them what’s the plan they have to bring down petrol and diesel prices”.

“All their plans have failed in providing employment to youths which they promised, rupee is hitting 73 a dollar, what’s the plan to bring normalcy in Kashmir? They don’t have plans for things which are of national importance”, he told PTI. “So, BJP’s priorities are completely misplaced but anyway they are welcome. In a democracy I cannot pick and choose my opponent, I am ready to face any one of them”, Owaisi said.

Continue Reading

Politics

NCP questions Central government over ignorance of Maharashtra under ‘Ayushman Bharat’

Published

on

By

Ayushman Bharat

Mumbai | The NCP Tuesday attacked the Centre over registration of “only” 84 lakh families from Maharashtra under the ‘Ayushman Bharat’ health care scheme, wondering if it had ignored other poor people in the state.

The Sharad Pawar-led party referred to the state’s existing ‘Mahatma Phule Janarogya Yojana’, which insures a total of 2.2 crore below poverty line (BPL) families. “Only 84 lakh families from the state are registered under the scheme. The existing Mahatma Phule Janarogya Yojana gives insurance cover to 2.2 crore families.

“Has the government ignored the remaining 1.25 crore families below the poverty line?” senior NCP leaders Ajit Pawar, Dhananjay Munde, Jayant Patil, Supriya Sule and Nawab Malik asked in a post on their respective Twitter accounts. The leaders raised the issue under the party’s “56 questions to those with 56-inch chest” – an apparent reference to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Modi had claimed at an election rally in Uttar Pradesh that only a person with a “56-inch chest” (implying a bold approach) could solve problems faced by the country. PM Modi had Sunday rolled out the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)-Ayushman Bharat, and termed it a “game-changer initiative to serve the poor”. The health scheme will set an example for countries across the world, he had said.

The ambitious scheme aims to provide coverage of Rs 5 lakh per family annually, benefiting more than 50 crore people for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation through a network of empanelled health care providers.

Continue Reading

Popular Stories

Copyright © 2018 Theo Connect Pvt. Ltd.