New Delhi | The Congress Party ahead of the all-party meeting called by the Election Commission has requested the election body to bring back ballot papers for the upcoming 2019 general election.
Claiming the tampering of the Electronic Voting Machines (EVM) under the Narendra Modi government, the Congress party had earlier requested the Election Commission (EC) to allow the voters to exercise their franchise by stamping the ballot paper in the 2019 elections.
Meanwhile, the Election Commission has called for an all-party meeting on Monday to discuss the various important issues to prepare the roadmap for the 2019 general elections. The issues include:
- The place of electoral rolls
- Placing a ceiling on political parties’ expenditure
- Procedural and timely submission of annual audited reports by parties
- Demand for paper ballots, adding print media to the definition of mediums on which vote appeals cannot be made prior to the election
- How to curb the use of social media just a few days before the polls
The political parties expected to attend the meeting include Congress, Trinamool Congress (TMC), Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S), Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), Samajwadi Party, CPI-M, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), DMK, CPI, YSR Congress, Kerala Congress-Mani (KCM) and AIUDF.