While majority of the parties present at the meeting supported Modi govt, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, however, questioned its approach in handling the crisis.
New Delhi| The All Party meeting called to discuss the India-China border face off at Galwan valley has concluded. 20 parties were called to this meeting. Out of these 10 parties openly supported the government and said that everyone should stand united in these tough times. These included parties like Trinamool, JDU, BJD. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the govt has given armies full freedom to take steps. “No one can eye even one inch of our ground,” he said.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi, however, questioned the approach of Modi government.
10 messages of Modi to political parties
1. Nobody has infiltrated our border nor China has occupied any of our posts. Our 20 soldiers were martyred, but those who challenged Bharat Mata, our soldiers have taught them a lesson. The entire country will remember their valor.
2. Our army is leaving no stone unturned to protect the country. Today we have the power that no one can even look at our one inch of land. Indian Armed Forces today have the capability to fight simultaneously on multiple fronts.
3. While we have allowed the army to take appropriate steps at its level on the one hand, on the other hand we have also made it clear to China through diplomatic means. India wants peace and friendship, but protecting our sovereignty is paramount for us. You all have expressed this sentiment.
4. In the last 5 years, the country insisted on increasing the infrastructure in the border areas to secure its borders. We have also laid emphasis on fighter planes, modern helicopters, missile defense systems.
5. Our monitoring capability has increased, especially in LAC due to the new infrastructure. Vigilance has increased due to patrolling. Our soldiers are able to take surveillance and action even in areas which were not previously seen.
6. Until now, no one asked, no one stopped others carrying activities in our area. Now our jawans intercept and stop them.
7. Our jawans are deployed in difficult conditions and with the help of infrastructure it is easy to transport food and other materials to them.
8. Our top priority has been the interests of the country and the countrymen. India never accepted any external pressure, be it connectivity, counter terrorism. The infrastructure required for national security is being constructed at a rapid pace.
9. I assure all, all political parties that our forces are fully capable of defending the borders. We have given them full freedom of action.
10. Your suggestions will be beneficial for us. You all came forward. With this, the morale of the army will increase, the morale of the country will increase and the message that should go to the world will be reached.
Sonia’s three questions
1. This meeting should have taken place much earlier. At this stage too much is in the dark. Modi government should tell when Chinese soldiers infiltrated? When did the government come to know about this?
2. Did the government not have a satellite image? There were no intelligence reports about these unusual activities?
3. What is the current status? The country wants confidence that the situation will be established on the border as before. Opposition parties should be constantly informed about this.
These parties supported the government, said – will not let the Chinese enter
1. Trinamool President Mamta Banerjee said that the all-party meeting is a good message for the country. This shows that we are with our jawans and are one. The Trinamool stands firmly with the government. China will not allow telecommunications, railways and aviation to interfere. We will face some problems, but we will not allow the Chinese to enter.
2. Janata Dal United President Nitish Kumar said that there is anger against China all over the country. There should be no differences between us. We are together Political parties should not show any differences, which other countries can take advantage of. China’s attitude towards India is evident. India wants to honor China, but what did it do in 1962.
Nitish said- the flood of Chinese goods is a big problem in the Indian market. We have to stay together and support the center.
3. Shiv Sena President and Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said that India wants peace, but that does not mean that we are weak. The character of China has been revealed. India is strong. Our government has the power to gauge out its eyes and hand it over.
4. Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav said that the intention of Pakistan and China is not right. India is not China’s dumping ground. India should impose 300% custom duty on Chinese goods.
5. Chief of Sikkim Revolutionary Front and Chief Minister of Sikkim Prem Singh Tamang said- We have full faith in the Prime Minister.
The work that the Prime Minister is doing to increase the infrastructure of the North-East should not stop.
9. BJD leader Pinaki Mishra said- China has repeated history. Once again it has cowardly attacked our soldiers in the dark. It Attacked the soldiers who carried the message of peace.
10. Chief of YSR Congress and CM of Andhra Pradesh, Jagan Mohan Reddy said- Prime Minister has increased India’s footprint all over the world. China is trying to destabilize India.
NCP President Sharad Pawar said that we should respect this sensitive issue. CPI’s D Raja said- We should oppose the efforts of America through which it wants to join us.