Connect with us

Politics

PM Narendra Modi launches a scathing attack on Congress at Ajmer rally, Rahul retorts in Madhya Pradesh

News Desk

Published

on

Ajmer

Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address at a rally in Ajmer in Rajasthan today on Saturday, launched a blistering attack on the Congress party hours before the announcement of the poll dates happened. On the other hand, BJP president Amit Shah, planted a scathing attack on Congress for mocking the Army personnel.

PM Modi stated, “There would be no Indian who would not be proud of our jawans and the surgical strike they conducted. But look at Congress. They even mocked our jawans”.

Whereas Congress President Rahul Gandhi in Morena stated, “Rafale deal given to HAL would’ve created hundreds of jobs in India. But PM Modi steals this from HAL and gives the ₹30,000 Cr contract to Anil Ambani’s company.”

Modi was earlier scheduled to make a visit to Brahmaputra temple in the town of Pushkar but now he will attend just the rally in Ajmer.

State president Madan Lal Saini, Raje and other leaders conducted a review of the preparations on Friday for the rally to be conducted at Kayad Vishram Sthali on the outskirts of Ajmer where according to the claims of the party leaders three lakh people would come.

Chairman of Rajasthan Heritage Preservation and Promotion Authority, Onkar Singh Lakhawat, stated, “This will be a historic rally of the prime minister which will be participated by a large number of people”.

He further stated that the party workers were “fully geared up and buzzing with enthusiasm” for the rally. The rally marks the completion of ‘Rajasthan Gaurav Yatra’ that was begun by Raje from the temple of Charbhujanath of Rajsamand.

The district of Ajmer has eight assembly constituencies and seven of them are represented by BJP MLAs while the Congress has one seat of Nasirabad.

The ruling party, which had lost the Ajmer Lok Sabha constituency to Congress in bypolls held earlier this year, is trying to build a favourable atmosphere and mood among the voters by holding the rally of Modi, who had addressed an election rally in Ajmer in 2013 also.

 

Politics

Pulwama terror attack will be avenged: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi

Published

on

By

pulwama

Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the Pulwama terror attack that took place last Thursday is “unforgivable” and those responsible for the strike will not be spared.

 

Lucknow| Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said on Sunday the Narendra Modi government has “broken the backbone” of terrorists as he asserted that the “cowardly” Pulwama terror attack will be avenged.

“National security is most important and there cannot be any compromise on this. Neither can there be any soft posturing? The cowardly act will be avenged,” Naqvi told reporters here, referring to the recent terror attack in Pulwama in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed.

“In the more than four-and-half years of the Modi government, the backbone of terrorists has been broken. Since the formation of BJP government at the Centre, barring some places in Kashmir, there has been no terror attack,” the Union minister said.

Citing Sankat Mochan temple (Varanasi), Mecca Masjid (Hyderabad) and Lucknow, he claimed that earlier there were no places where terror attack had not taken place.

“But, during the tenure of the Modi government, the terrorists have not been able to strike,” he said.

The minister said the Pulwama terror attack that took place last Thursday is “unforgivable” and those responsible for the strike will not be spared.

“The Prime Minister has already made his intentions clear in very strong words. We are not going to compromise with those responsible for the terror attack, those who give them patronage or those who sponsor them. They will not be spared,” Naqvi said.

He referred to the government actions in the aftermath of the deadly terror strike.

“The Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status accorded to Pakistan (by India) has been withdrawn. The process of reining in separatist forces, who sing praises of Pakistan, while staying in India, has also started,” Naqvi said.

The security cover of six separatist leaders, including Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, was withdrawn Sunday.

To a question whether the Lok Sabha elections would be postponed in the wake of the Pulwama terror attack, the Union minister said the poll process and the terror strike are separate issues.

Reacting to controversial statements made by Congress leaders Navjot Singh Siddhu and another leader Noor Bano, vis-a-vis the Pulwama terror attack, Naqvi said, “The Congress must rein in its leaders. In this party (Congress), a competition on giving (controversial) statements is going on.”

On “non-fulfilment” of promises made by the BJP regarding Article 370 and Ram temple in Ayodhya, Naqvi said, “These have been our sankalp (commitment). In the more than four-and-half years of the Modi government, we have given a government of Iqbal (faith), Imaan (honesty) and Insaaf (justice).”

Naqvi said the ‘Bharat ke Mann ki Baat, Modi ke Saath’ programme is the “first-of-its-kind” step taken by any political party.

The BJP launched the month-long exercise on February 3 to seek suggestions from 10 crore people across the country to help the party prepare its ‘sankalp patra’ (manifesto).

“It is happening for the first time that a government has embarked on a programme to know the aspirations of the people, while presenting the report of the work done by it so far. This programme is for construction of a new and prosperous India.” Naqvi said.

Continue Reading

Politics

We will not allow Assam to become another Kashmir: Amit Shah

News Desk

Published

on

Amit Shah

On the contentious Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, Amit Shah said misinformation was being spread as if it was only for Assam and other parts of the Northeast.

 

Lakhimpur| BJP National President Amit Shah making a remark on Assam’s ongoing NRC protests said that the BJP government will not let Assam become another Kashmir. “BJP government brought NRC (National Register of Citizens) here. We will not allow Assam to become another Kashmir. It’s our commitment that with the help of NRC, we will deport each and every infiltrator out of Assam,” said Shah. He was addressing a rally in Assam’s Lakhimpur area.

On the contentious Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, which the Centre failed to table in Rajya Sabha, the BJP president said misinformation was being spread as if it was only for Assam and other parts of the Northeast.

“It was not only for Northeast but for all refugees in the entire country. The way demography is changing in Assam, without the Citizenship Bill, the people of the state will be in big danger,” he added.

Continue Reading

Politics

CM Adityanath didn’t accept offer to give up charge of UP backward class welfare dept: Rajbhar

Published

on

By

Rajbhar

The leader of SBSP, Omprakash Rajbhar which is an ally of the ruling BJP in UP, said he was giving up the charge of the backward class welfare department.

 

Lucknow| UP Cabinet Minister Om Prakash Rajbhar on Sunday said his offer to give up the charge of the Uttar Pradesh backward class welfare department has not been accepted by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.

The leader of Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party (SBSP), which is an ally of the ruling BJP in UP, had on Thursday said he was giving up the charge of the backward class welfare department, expressing disappointment that his recommendations on the appointment of state backward castes panel members have been “ignored”.

The minister had said he would, however, continue to be in charge of the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Department.

“I had offered my resignation from the backward class welfare department but the same has not been accepted by the chief minister,” Rajbhar told PTI.

He said, “I told the chief minister that when I do not have the right to keep people of my choice in the UP Backward welfare panel then what is the use of being a minister. The chief minister told me he would look into the matter.”

Rajbhar, however, said that he was sticking to his stand of resigning from the backward class welfare department.

The SBSP had earlier threatened to part ways with the saffron party if the state government does not implement the social justice panel’s recommendation to classify various OBC and Dalit sub-castes into three broad categories and provide quota within quota to them.

The committee, constituted in May last year, had in its recommendations to the state government, favoured classification of various OBC and Dalit sub-castes into three broad categories, backward, very backward and most backward, and provide quota within quota to them.

Backward classes account for about 44 per cent of the electorate in the state and play a crucial role in making or marring political prospects of any party. The panel’s recommendation is likely to spice up the political scene in Uttar Pradesh ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.

Rajbhar had also said that his party can go with the anti-BJP alliance of the Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.

In the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, the BJP had bagged 312 out of 403 seats, while SBSP had won four seats. Another ally of the coalition, the Apna Dal (Sonelal), had won nine seats.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Popular Stories

Copyright © 2018 Theo Connect Pvt. Ltd. info@hwnews.in