Hello and Welcome to the weekly political roundup. In this special episode of the news report, we will try to wrap up politics this week.
1. This week was marked with the announcements of the alliances. Both the national parties, BJP and Congress are trying every trick in the book to get regional parties on board.
2. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman arrived in India on Tuesday for his maiden visit. The visit came in the backdrop of India’s escalating tension with Pakistan following the Pulwama terror attack.
3. This week, the SP-BSP alliance released its candidate list. The Samajwadi Party will contest 37 seats and the Bahujan Samaj Party will contest 38 seats in Uttar Pradesh in the Lok Sabha polls.
4. The Congress on Thursday raised the question of Modi’s whereabouts on the day of Pulwama attack in which 44 soldiers were martyred. the Congress cited media reports to allege that Modi continued shooting for a film in the Corbett National Park on February 14 for “self-propagation”.
5. Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yaseen Malik was detained on Friday night amid indications of a wider crackdown on separatists in the state. Police swooped on Jamaat-e-Islami Jammu and Kashmir members in Kashmir during the intervening night of Friday and Saturday and detained around two dozen of its cadres.
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.