Crime

Rohini Court Shootout: High Court Issues Notices To Cops, State, Centre

Delhi High Court

New Delhi : The Delhi High Court on Tuesday takes sou motu action in Rohini Court Shootout case. A bench of Chief Justice DN Patel and Justice Jyoti Singh issued notice to Delhi Police, Delhi government, and Centre as well as the Delhi High Court Bar Association and directed that suggestions in the form of an affidavit or a report be filed on the issue of maintaining security at courts.

Chief Justice said that the court wants an answer from the respondents for security at all court complexes in Delhi. He said, “We have taken suo motu cognizance of the incident which took place in Rohini court. This court wants valuable suggestions from respondents for security at all court complexes in Delhi.”

The bench said that there is a need of full proof entry system. Court need installation of metal detectors, under vehicle surveillance system, and proper training of police personnel.

Jailed gangster Jitendra Gogi and his two muggers posing as lawyers were killed inside the Rohini courtroom on September 24. The dramatic shootout, also saw the police fire bullets in retaliation, the officials had said.

Video footage of the incident showed policemen and lawyers rushing out in panic as gunshots rang out inside courtroom number 207.

The two gunmen dressed as lawyers are suspected to be members of rival Tillu gang, an official had said, adding that over 30 shots were fired.

On September 24, Chief Justice of India NV Ramana had expressed deep concern over the shootout inside the crowded Rohini courtroom and spoke to the Delhi High Court Chief Justice in this regard and advised him to talk to both police and the Bar to ensure that the functioning of the court is not affected.

The matter would be heard next on October 5.

Dear Readers,
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.
Some error occurred

Related posts

National

Complaint filed by Nagpur social activist to seek probe in RSS funding

TestHostEntry

Nagpur: Nagpur based Activist Mohnish Jabalpure has lodged a complaint against the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) with the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Income Tax (I-T) department, seeking a probe into the source of funds of the organisation.

Referring to Sangh’s claims in June last year that it provided ration to 10 million people, distributed food packets to 70 million people and provided financial and other forms of assistance to 2.7 million migrant labourers between March and May, 2020, the complainant, Mohnish Jabalpure, wants to know hoe the RSS managed such huge funds.

If the expense is guessed in this, it may come around 1000 crore, “From where did this huge amount come? The RSS is an unconstitutional organisation and therefore does not have bank account. While the common people were unable to go out during the lockdown then how did the RSS accumulate the money? Did they really help or was it a blatant lie?” asked Jabalpure

Japalpure had initially registered a complaint with the local charity commissioner and chief minister’s secretariat. The local charity commissioner said right wing organisation was not a registered body and hence, was unable to initiate any action.

Senior RSS functionary Arvind Kukde said the organisation would respond whenever it receives any summons. “Our organisation believes in the law of the land,” he said.

Mohnish Jabalpure had also filed an Right to Information (RTI) asking for evidence that threaten Hinduism, Modi government said that it is ‘imaginary’ or ‘hypothetical’. The Union Ministry of Home Affair (MHA) dismissed the claims on hinduism being in jeopardy.

The Union Ministry said that it has no records or proof concerning any so-called threats to Hinduism. The RTI was filed by Nagpur based activist and Congress worker, Mohnish Jabalpure on August 31. In the RTI, Jabalpure had sought proof for ‘threat to hindu religion in the country’ which the MHA had in its possession.

After a month, the MHA’s CPIO (Internal Security) V.S. Rana responded to the effect that they are neither aware nor posses any evidence suggesting alleged dangers to ‘Hindu religion.’ Rana said it was not possible to satisfy the ‘hypothetical’ query of Jabalpure, adding it was treated as null and void.

Related posts

News Hub