The Center has also made it clear that the approval of the Center would have to be taken to impose lockdown locally outside the Containment Zone.
New Delhi| The central government has released new guidelines on the coronavirus on Wednesday. The Center has said that states should take precautions. They will have to be strict in terms of monitoring, containment and precautions. The states are exempted from imposing restrictions according to their circumstances.
Night curfews can also be imposed in the containment zone. However, the Center has also made it clear that the approval of the Center would have to be taken to impose lockdown locally outside the Containment Zone. This guideline of the centre will be applicable from December 1. The centre said that the success we have achieved so far in the fight against Corona has to be maintained. This is evident from the decreasing number of active cases in the country. However, the festive season and some states have seen an increase in cases. States will have to exercise caution and strictly implement containment, surveillance measures, the Centre said.
Guidelines for Surveillance and Containment
- States will have to strictly follow the rules in the Containment Zone. The surveillance system will have to be strengthened.
- The district administration will have to follow the guidelines issued by the central government.
- States are exempted from imposing sanctions on their own given the situation here.
The list of Containment Zone to be created in all the districts has to be uploaded on its website. It will also have to be shared with the Health Ministry.
- In these zones, the movement of people will have to be stopped strictly. The exemption will be available only for essentials and medical needs.
- The surveillance team will go door-to-door to identify the symptoms of Coronavirus. Testing should be done according to protocol.
- List of people coming in contact with the infected person must be maintained. They should be identified and tracked and quarantined.
- Treatment of the infected person should be started immediately. He/She should be kept in home isolation. If needed, be hospitalized.
- The local district administration and police will be responsible for enforcing restrictions and following the rules.
- The state and union territory has to follow social distancing in the offices. In cities where there is a weekly 10% positivity rate, change in office timings and other necessary steps should be taken.
- In terms of social distance, there should not be much staff in the office at one time.
Two months ago, the central government released the Unlock-5 guidelines. Under this, the government had loosened up restrictions in view of the festive season.