PM Modi urged people to stay indoors and ensure physical distancing as he thanked the community leaders for spreading awareness.
New Delhi| Today, PM Modi addressed the country on the issue of COVID-19 pandemic through his monthly radio programme ‘Mann ki Baat’ during the national lockdown.
Here are the highlights from the address:
- People of our nation are battling this war with the government…Today’s Mann Ki Baat takes place when we are in the midst of a ‘Yuddh.’
- We are also combating poverty… I am proud that all of us are part of it… All of us are soldiers in this battle.
- Our ‘taali, thaali & diya’ initiatives have kept spirits high.
- Our farmers are working day and night in their fields to ensure that no one goes hungry.
- Be it our businesses, office culture, education, medical sector..everyone is adapting to new changes in a post-Coronavirus world. There is a strong desire to innovate in various areas.
- Among the topmost priorities is to help the poor and vulnerable.
- We need to wear masks… it has become a part of our daily lives.
- I am so happy to see the immense appreciation for the working of sanitation workers, our police forces. The appreciation for doctors, nurses, healthcare workers is exceptional.
- The holy month of Ramzan has begun. When Ramzan was observed the last time, we never thought that there would be so many difficulties this time. This time, we have to pray more than the last time so that the world is freed of coronavirus before Eid… so that we can celebrate with fervour just like before.