Maharashtra recorded 67468 cases and 568 deaths on Wednesday.
The Maharashtra government issued new SOPs on Wednesday evening tightening curbs especially on inter-city and inter-district travel amid rising COVID-19 cases in the state. The new rules will come into force from 22nd April, 8pm till 1st May 7am.
🚨New strict restrictions under #BreakTheChain🚨
To be implemented from 22nd April 2021, 8pm onwards pic.twitter.com/ifyrcQCbnH
— CMO Maharashtra (@CMOMaharashtra) April 21, 2021
Local Trains/Metro services/Monorail will strictly be for
1) Government employees
2) Medical personnel
3) Medical patients and specially-abled
1) Allowed only in case of emergencies/essential services
2) Not allowed to leave the city of residence and travel to another city.
3) Inter-city and inter-city travel only in case of medical emergencies/funerals
Private And State Buses
1) To ply with 50% capacity
2) Intercity and interdistrict travel by private buses will have maximum two stops in a city and passengers will be hand stamped for 14-day quarantine.
Intercity And Interdistrict Long-Distance Trains
1) Passengers will be hand stamped for 14 days of quarantine
2) MSRTC officers to provide information on people traveling.
1) Should be a single event not beyond 2 hours
2) Maximum of 25 guests
All other conditions will remain the same as per the 13th April order.