Withdrawal From Pangong Tso Complete, India and China To Now Discuss Pullback From Hot Spring-Depsang-Gogra

India-China Army Galwan

In the agreement reached between the armies of the two countries, it was agreed to call a meeting of senior military commanders within 48 hours of evacuating the Pangong Lake area.

After completing the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the northern and southern sides of the Pangong Lake, India and China will hold another round of high-level military talks on Saturday. The talks will focus on withdrawal of troops from Hot Springs, Gogra and Depsang areas in eastern Ladakh. Army sources have informed that in the meeting, India will also insist on starting patrolling in Finger areas as before. The Corps Commander-level talks will begin at 10 am in Moldo towards the Line of Actual Control in eastern Ladakh.

Withdrawal from Pangong Tso Lake

Sources said that Chinese forces had retreated from the Pangong area as well as Rezang La and Rechin La. India has also pulled back its forces as per the agreement. In the agreement reached between the armies of the two countries, it was agreed to call a meeting of senior military commanders within 48 hours of evacuating the Pangong Lake area. Sources said the withdrawal of troops from the northern and southern sides of Pangong Lake, removal of weapons and other military equipment and removal of bunkers, tents and temporary constructions was completed on Thursday and both sides conducted a physical investigation.

Nine rounds have been held so far

Earlier, there was a nine-round meeting of the military commanders, after which, after about nine months, the withdrawal of the forces from Pangong area began. The armies of the two countries agreed that both sides would withdraw troops from the northern and southern shores of Pangong Lake in a coordinated and verifiable manner in a phased manner. After this, the process of withdrawal of troops started from 10 February. Which was completed on Thursday.

China admits four casualties for the first time

Since the face-off between Indian and Chinese armies in June last year, China was tight-lipped about the casualties on its side. It was only a day ago that China officially stated for the first time that four of its soldiers were killed in a clash with Indian soldiers in the Galwan Valley. Meanwhile, a US intelligence report said that 35 Chinese soldiers were killed in the clash.


Next Story
Share it
Top
To Top