National

KS Eshwarappa, Fmr K’taka Minister Accused In Contractor’s Suicide, Gets Clean Chit From Police

Eshwarappa

The Karnataka police have given clean chit to former state minister KS Eshwarappa, who had to resign from the cabinet post after backlash over the suicide of a contractor. The police cleared Eshwarappa’s name after investigation in the case.

Santosh Patil, the contractor who died by suicide on April 12, had held Eshwarappa responsible for his decision in his last letter. The police said that the former minister, who was suspected to have a role in the matter, was cleared due to “lack of evidence”.

Patil had accused Eshwarappa of corruption in his last note, following which the BJP’s top leadership intervened and he had to step down as minister.

The BJP high command, as per sources, had made it clear to the state leadership that Eshwarappa must step down to save the party’s anti-corruption image.

Before committing suicide, Santosh Patil had sent a WhatsApp message to his friends stating his intention to take his life and blaming Eshwarappa for the extreme step.

According to police, Santosh told his wife he was going on a picnic with his friends. He left Belgaum on April 11. Following this, he went missing.

Dear Readers,
As an independent media platform, we do not take advertisements from governments and corporate houses. It is you, our readers, who have supported us on our journey to do honest and unbiased journalism. Please contribute, so that we can continue to do the same in future.
Some error occurred

Related posts

News Report

SC Grants Bail To Mohammed Zubair, Refuses To Put Bail Condition Asking Him “Not To Tweet Again”

Arti Ghargi

 

“The Supreme Court today granted bail to Alt news co-founder Mohammed Zubair in all the six cases registered against him by UP Police. The Bench of Justices DY Chandrachud, Surya Kant and AS Bopanna passed the order after noting that Zubair had already been granted bail by the Patiala House Court in a similar case registered by the Delhi Police. The court further directed Tihar jail authorities to ensure that he is released before 6 PM today subject to furnishing of bail bonds. The court also said that there was no justification to keep Zubair in custody any further and subject him to diverse proceedings when the tweets and allegations for which he has been arrested are already part of Delhi police FIR, and he has been granted bail in it. Not only that, the court also clubbed all the six FIRs filed against Zubair by UP Police and transferred it to Delhi. This effectively disbanded the SIT that was formed by the UP Police to investigate the cases against him. The Supreme Court bench while pronouncing the order also made several observations: Our Associate Editor Akhilesh Bhargava explains this in detail.

 

#MohammedZubair #AltNews #SupremeCourt #DYChandrachud #UPPolice #DelhiPolice #HWNews

Related posts

News Hub