HW English
News Report

Why the Modi govt does not want to review Rafale Judgement?


The central government on Saturday filed a fresh affidavit in the Supreme Court in the Rafale case and said the December 14, 2018 judgment which upheld the deal of 36 Rafale jets was correct. In the affidavit, the Centre said unsubstantiated media reports and incomplete file notes cannot form the basis for a review.
The government said monitoring of the progress of the Rafale deal by the PMO cannot be construed as interference or parallel negotiations. The affidavit added that the then Defence Minister had recorded on file: “it appears that PMO and French President’s office are monitoring the progress of the issues which was an outcome of the summit meeting”. On December 14 last year, the Supreme Court dismissed petitions by several individuals seeking a court-monitored probe in the Rafale deal. Former BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie along with lawyer Prashant Bhushan had also moved the apex court with a plea for a direction to the CBI to register an FIR for alleged irregularities in the deal. However, the Supreme Court bench dismissed it and gave a clean chit to the Modi government. #RafaleDeal #SupremeCourt #PMO

Related posts

Sri Lanka blast Day 2: 87 detonators seized in Colombo

Anil Rajpurohit

Modi govt’s reward for ISRO scientist ‘A Salary Cut’

Anusha Bhattacharya

Coronavirus Update: After FabiFlu, Now Potential COVID-19 Drug Covifor and Cipremi To Hit The Market

Arti Ghargi