After Galwan face-off, 7 rounds of talks have been held between India and China, but so far no concrete result has come out.
External Affairs Minister of India S Jaishankar on Thursday spoke about the ongoing discussion on the Indo-China border dispute. At the Bloomberg India Economic Forum on Thursday, Jaishankar said that talks between the two countries are ongoing, but some aspects are to be kept secret, so there should not be any predictions. “If the foundation of relations is shaken, then both the countries will have to suffer the loss,” Jaishankar was quoted as saying.
Jaishankar also said that the strength of India-China relations over the past three decades has been measured by how much peace there is on the Line of Actual Control (LAC). “The problem was never created by India. The two countries are in constant talks to reduce tensions on the border,” he said.
Asked by the moderator what the outcome of the India-China talks would be, Jaishankar reiterated that work was in progress. “Negotiations continue, but many things are confidential. It would not be right to say anything in public right now. Troops have been deployed in the areas adjacent to the LAC. This has not been done in the past months,” he said.
According to Jaishankar, there are many issues between the neighbouring countries, including trade. “The two countries had signed several agreements in 1993 to maintain peace on the border. If we do not respect these agreements then this will be the main reason for the deterioration of the relationship,” Jaishankar added.
On June 15, in the Galwan Valley of Ladakh, Chinese troops attacked Indian troops with barbed wire. 20 of our jawans were martyred in this. Forty Chinese soldiers were killed, but the country never confirmed. After Galwan face-off, 7 rounds of talks have been held between the two countries, but so far no concrete result has come out regarding the withdrawal of troops from Ladakh.