According to the railway, about 26 lakh tickets have been booked in special trains till 30 June. On the first day, 1.45 lakh passengers will travel on the train.
New Delhi| As the government takes one more step towards restoring normalcy in the country, the Railway Ministry has announced the plying of additional trains on the tracks. 200 new trains will be run in addition to Shramik Special trains and other special trains started in the month of May. These trains will start plying from today onwards. Booking for these trains had started from May 21. As per the Railway Ministry statement, all the seats in all these trains are full. There is also a long waiting list.
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) June 1, 2020
According to the railway, about 26 lakh tickets have been booked in special trains till 30 June. On the first day, 1.45 lakh passengers will travel on the train. According to the new guidelines, tickets can now be booked 120 days in advance on special trains.
Earlier, the railways had reduced the ticket booking deadline to 30 days in lockdown. Under the new system, tickets will now be available from the quota immediately. This facility has been started from 8 am on Sunday. Apart from this, booking has also started for parcel and luggage transportation.
These will be the rules for travelling on the train:
- Tickets can be booked online (IRCTC and mobile apps) and offline (PRS counters, ticket agents, CSCs).
- Only passengers with confirmed / RAC tickets will be allowed to enter the station and board the train.
- Passengers must arrive at the station for at least 90 minutes in advance.
- The train fare will not include any catering charges.
- Bedsheets, blankets and pillows will not be provided during the journey. Passengers have to bring it.
- All passengers will have to wear face cover/mask at the time of entry and exit at railway stations and during the journey.
- Download Arogya Setu App and strictly follow the rules of social distancing during the journey.
- The officer who checks the ticket during the journey will not have the right to give the ticket during the journey.
- The first chart will be prepared at least 4 hours before the running time of the train and the second chart will be prepared at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time. Till now the second chart was prepared 30 minutes in advance.