Connect with us

National

Exit of Milind Khandekar, Punya Prasoon Bajpai and Abhishar Sharma from ABP news sparks controversy

News Desk

Published

on

abp

New Delhi | A day after Milind Khandekar, Managing editor of ABP News Network resigned on Wednesday, the channel received yet another setback as senior journalist and Anchor of the flagship show ‘Masterstroke’ Punya Prasoon Bajpai reportedly resigned on Thursday night.

According to the report published in ‘Janta ka Reporter‘, a journalist said “The whole atmosphere was very emotional and sad.” He further added that Bajpai further wished everyone here well. Then the entire office escorted him to the main door to say good bye.

Earlier Milind Khandekar while announcing his resignation on Twitter wrote, “14 years & 8 days later it’s time to move on. Today was my last day as Managing Editor @abpnewstv . Thank you for being part of my journey so far.”


Few sources report that ABP’s anchor, Abhisar Sharma who has been the fiercest critics of the Narendra Modi government has also been asked to take 15 days leave. Also Rajan Singh, another journalist at the ABP has been asked to leave the organisation. The sources further add that the recent turnaround in the news network is due to its recent coverage that had angered the Centre’s Narendra Modi government.

In its prime time show ‘Master Stroke’ Bajpai has reported that during the video interaction Prime Minister Narendra Modi held on June 20 with beneficiaries of various government programmes a participant from Chhattisgarh, Chandramani Kaushik, told PM Modi on the show that her income had doubled after she switched from cultivating paddy to growing custard apples. However when ABP  interviewed the same woman claimed that officials from Delhi had arrived in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh to tutor her before her interaction with PM Modi, to falsely claim about doubling of income.

Various BJP leader including Defence minister Nirmala Sitaraman and IT minister Rajwardhan Singh Rathore criticised the report.

Various Twitter users reported that they were unable to get access to ABP news at the time when Masterstroke, Bajpai’s show, was being aired after the channel reported the story.

National

Four arrested for assault on a TV journalist in Mumbai

Published

on

By

Tv Journalist

Mumbai | Four persons have been arrested for allegedly assaulting a television journalist near his house in south Mumbai, police said on Monday.

The accused, all city residents aged between 20 and 25 years, were nabbed late Sunday night from Tardeo area, a senior police official said. Herman Gomes, working with a private TV channel, was returning home along with a friend in a taxi on Sunday when he saw four to six men waiting near his house in Gamdevi area.

The men started abusing Gomes and later allegedly assaulted him and also hit his friend, as per the victim. Gomes was injured in the attack and later received six stitches near his eyes.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (zone-II) Dnyaneshwar Chavan, said prima facie it appears the incident might have taken place in the heat of the moment following some argument. “However, we are trying to go into the depth of the matter,” he said, adding, the accused do not have any criminal background.

Based on Gomes’ complaint, the Gamdevi Police had registered a case under IPC sections 143 (unlawful assembly), 147 (rioting), 324 (voluntary causing hurt by dangerous weapons) and other relevant provisions.

Journalists’ associations in the city had Sunday condemned the attack and alleged that police did not file the victim’s complaint promptly. The Mumbai Press Club termed the attack on Gomes a “dastardly act”.

An association of crime reporters in the city have urged Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to take action against police officers who allegedly delayed registration of the First Information Report (FIR) in the matter.

Minister of State for Home (urban), Ranjit Patil had later said an investigation was on into the incident and “correct steps will be taken in the direction”.

Continue Reading

National

Delhi court grants bail to Naveen Jindal, others in coal scam related case

Published

on

By

Naveen Jindal

New Delhi | A Delhi court on Monday granted bail to industrialist and Congress leader Naveen Jindal and 14 others, accused of money laundering in a case pertaining to irregularities in the allocation of a Jharkhand coal block.

Special Judge Bharat Parashar granted the relief on a personal bond of Rs one lakh and one surety of the like amount.

Besides Jindal, those granted relief are Jindal Steel and Power Ltd’s then adviser Anand Goel, Mumbai’s Essar Power Ltd’s Executive Vice-Chairman Sushil Kumar Maroo, Nihar Stocks Ltd’s Director BSN Suryanarayan, Mumbai-based KE International’s Chief Financial Officer Rajeev Aggarwal and Gurgaon-based Green Infra’s Vice-President Siddharth Madra. Those arrayed as accused also include K Ramakrishna Prasad, Rajiv Jain and Gyan Swaroop Garg.

The case filed under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) pertains to the allocation of the Amarkonda Murgadangal coal block in Jharkhand.

Continue Reading

National

Kolkata: Nagerbazar blast death toll rises to three

Published

on

By

Nagerbazar blast

Kolkata | A 36-year-old man who was injured in an explosion at Nagerbazar area succumbed to his wounds at a state-run hospital here, an official of the medical establishment said on  Monday.

With this, the death toll in the explosion has risen to three. The man identified as Sharat Sethi, a washerman, was sitting at a nearby tea stall when the low-intensity blast took place on October 2 morning. Sethi died at the RG Kar Hospital here Sunday night, the official said. Another victim of the blast, Ajit Halder, had passed away at the hospital on Saturday night.

West Bengal CID, which is investigating the blast, said the death of fruitseller Ajit Halder on Saturday night would slow up their probe. “He (Halder) was giving us important information on what had happened on that day,” a senior officer of the CID said.

A seven-year-old boy was killed and nine people, including his mother, were injured in the low-intensity explosion in front of a fruit stall in the northern suburb of the metropolis. The boy’s mother is undergoing treatment at the SSKM hospital, an official of the state-run facility said.

Continue Reading

Live TV – 24×7

Headlines

Popular Stories

Copyright © 2018 Theo Connect Pvt. Ltd.