The lockdown will continue in containment zones till June 30th. These relaxations will not be applied to these zones.
New Delhi| The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Thursday issued the Standard Operating Procedure for Shopping Malls, Religious Places, Offices, Restaurants and Hotels. The move comes as the government tries to install normalcy in the country after two months of stringent lockdown. Earlier, the Ministry of Home Affairs had permitted re-opening of shops and establishments outside the containment zones from June 8.
The lockdown will continue in containment zones till June 30th. These relaxations will not be applied to these zones. However, the centre has also empowered the states to draft and implement its own restriction considering the situation in the state.
In General Preventive measure, the centre has asked Persons above 65 years of age, persons with comorbidities, pregnant women to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
Other General Preventive Measures Include the following:
- Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet in public places as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks to be mandatory.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be made wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves the strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest to the immediate supervisory officer.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- Installation & use of Aarogya Setu App by employees.
The Detailed Guidelines Can Be Found Here:
- Shopping Malls:
- Hotels and Hospitality Units
- Religious Places