Unnao Rape Case Victim Dies, Father Demands Shot Down Same as Hyderabad Vet’s Rape Case


A 23-year-old woman was raped and burned alive by accused died of cardiac arrest in Safdarjung Hospital at 11:40 pm in Delhi

NEW DELHI| On Friday night the Unnao victim who was raped and burned alive by accused died of cardiac arrest in Delhi. A 23-year-old woman’s father on Saturday demanded encounter of the accused same as happens in Hyderabad case on the same day.

Victim who had suffered 90 percent burns died of a cardiac arrest at the Safdarjung Hospital at 11:40 pm on the same day when the police shot dead the four men accused of the brutal gang rape and murder of a young vet in Hyderabad.

She was brought to Delhi in an air ambulance Thursday evening from Unnao. The victim was on her way to court in Rae Bareli for hearing in connection with the rape case where she was burned alive.

Her father demanded the same punishment as in the Hyderabad case which took place on the same day, “I lost my daughter. The men behind her death must be shot down”.

“I don’t want these five people to exist. I want their names erased,” the victim’s brother said.

The accused brother said he wants justice for his sister and demanded shot down. He said, “I want them should be taken to same place where she has gone. I request chief minister Yogi Adityanath to ensure that happens”.

“She asked me that brother please save me. I am very sad that I could not save her,” he added.

Earlier to this Yogi Adityanath CM of UP said he is “extremely saddened to hear of the woman’s death. The case will be heard in a fast-track court and strictest of punishment will be given to the culprits”.

The woman’s body was transferred to the hospital’s forensic department where an autopsy is being conducted following which her body will be handed over to her family. The autopsy reports will be given to the police.

Also Read: Unnao case: Ex- BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar charged with rape under POCSO Act

Victim had filed a complaint with Unnao police in March alleging that she had been raped at gunpoint on December 12, 2018. The prime accused Shivam Trivedi raped her continuously along which his partner Shubham Trivedi. Shivam Trivedi on pretext to marry her soon use to rape her on different places where the victim use to travel. Having been subsequently jailed, the alleged rapist Shivam Trivedi was released last week after securing bail police officer S.K Bhagat. He and his co-accused Shubham Trivedi are among the five attackers.

Next Story
Share it
To Top